Ben Malone held the ASU single-game rushing record since 1973. Until Saturday night.
Eno Benjamin, who had 283 rushing yards in the Sun Devils’ first four games this year, shattered Malone’s record of 250 yards by running for 312 yards in a 52-24 win against Oregon State.
The sophomore running back had four touchdowns as well. On the night, Benjamin had 30 carries for 312 yards and three touchdowns. He also caught three passes for 27 yards and another touchdown.
- N’Keal Harry brought in five passes for 84 yards along with a receiving and rushing touchdown.
- Arizona State had one penalty – a delay of game
- Manny Wilkins was not sacked
- The defense had five sacks and 11 tackles for loss
- The Sun Devils punted once
ASU earned its first Pac-12 win of the Herm Edwards Era. The team will know try to get its first road win of 2018 when they travel to Colorado next week.