Friday Night Phenoms: Week 10
Player of the Week
* Alex Bell – QB Sabino
Bell went off against Empire, throwing for 400+ yards and eight TDs.
Coach of the Week
*Mark Smith – Liberty
Down 13-0 to rival Centennial. The Lions came back and won 21-19. With under two minutes to play, the Lions forced a fumble and then were able to spike the ball with five seconds left to set up the game winning TD pass.
Team of the Week
Williams Field handed rival Queen Creek their first loss of the season.
*Chavez senior Chris Russell threw for 205 yards and five TDs while rushing for 108 yards and two more scores against Alhambra.
* Spencer Rattler from Pinnacle threw for 369 yards and four TDs against Horizon.
* Boulder Creek’s Caden Austin threw five TDs against Desert Mountain.
* Tolleson’s Pat Ortega threw for 275 yards and three TDs against La Joya.
* Desert Mountain’s Kedon Slovis threw five TDs against Boulder Creek.
*Isaiah Briggs from Glendale ran for 245 yards and three TDs against Independence to give the Cardinals an 8-2 record, the best in a long, long time.
* Chandler’s DeCarlos Brooks scored four TDs against Hamilton.
* Ethan Truesdell from Skyline scored three times against Dobson.
* Buena’s Lawrence Prior rushed for 246 yards against Nogales.
*Chandler’s Gunner Romney caught nine passes for 209 yards against Hamilton.
* Sabino’s Bennett Nottingham caught four TD passes against Empire.
*Liberty LB/S Ryan Puskas racked up 16 tackles against Centennial.
* Perry junior D’Shayne James ran for a TD, threw one and caught two more against Basha.
* Tonopah LB Jess Pennington made 26 tackles against Paradise Honors.